Sunday, March 04, 2007

Number 11

It's taken me a week to finally post again after the big events from February 27th. It was incredible to see the Moose back on the ice, and in the Oilers jersey. I grew up in Manitoba, and only got to see him play a handful of times. Many times during the playoffs, when the Oilers would come to town and obliterate the Jets. Oh yes, those were good years. Great years.

I always considered Mess to be the best player. I would take him over a Gretz anyday. I loved his intensity, the dirty hits, the scoring touch, the physical play and the Messier stare. He was my childhood idol. And it was a great to see his number go up and join his fellow teammates. I hope to see Glenn Anderson up there next. Get that man into the Hall of Fame.

Nice to see the Moose back in the Oilers blue and orange. The way it should be.

No comments: