Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Craig MacTavish is out!

Craig MacTavish has been relieved of his duties as head coach of the Edmonton Oilers. This was the right decision. It's time for a change for both sides and I wish MacT all the best. He couldn't get any more out of these players, was erratic all year long in his decision-making and did not have the respect of his team. Sure, the players are still just as culpable for the end result but you can't fire the entire team. Someone needs to be help accountable and today it is MacT. The team is better than their record this year and MacT just couldn't get them to play for him any longer.

You will be remembered for 2006!!

2 comments:

Patrick Ross said...

It had to be done.

I personally hoped that Katz and Tambellini wouldn't do it -- I think fans have been given far too much say over the team's personnel over the last few years -- but this was the right decision to make.

Now, all we need to do is re-sign Kotalik, and get rid of Penner, Nilsson and O'Sullivan -- the former two are players I personally like, but I think they have to go, too.

Marsha said...

Nilsson is probably gone. O'Sullivan has some talent, I'd give him another year to see what he has. I'm not sold on Ales2 yet, maybe.