Thursday, July 31, 2008

New Hockey Operations Structure

I just got an email update from the Oilers with that tag line and it s on TSN's website now.

Kevin Lowe is now the President of the Edmonton Oilers. Gone is Laforge (I guess) since there is no mention of him in the announcement.

VP Kevin Prendergast is now the Assistant Manager.

We have a new GM folks: Steve Tambellini is now the man. He's been in the Canucks organization for years according to the email. I really don't know anything about him (didn't he do some work with Team Canada?).

I'm not sure what to think of this move. I really liked Lowe's moves this summer. He really redeemed himself after the past couple years of questionably deals. So just when I was enjoying his skillful moves this summer, he gets bumped upstairs and we have a new GM in town.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I was debating one day on whether or not this was a promotion for Lowe or not. I say it is. My fiance says it isn't. I dunno.

I think Lowe has done a fine job, but change isn't usually a bad thing.

Time will tell.

Marsha said...

I think it's a promotion. If this happened last summer, it isn't. But he's done such a good job, it's definitely a promotion....for now. Eventually, the new GM will take more control but Lowe is still the man and will be for awhile.