Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Dreams Do Come True!!

Everyone's favorite powerplay coach is apparently leaving the Oilers, according to the Globe and Mail. Let the drinking begin! With Bob Cole and Harry Neale starting to cut back on their workload, CBC was desperate to find some young talent. Okay, 40 is not young but sitting next to Cole and Neale, hell Simpson is a teenager.

While Craig sucked royally as a coach, I always enjoyed his commentary during his Sportsnet years or as I call it the glorious pre-Oilers coaching years. I like this move for many reason, especially getting him out of the Oilers powerplay! Enjoy getting back into broadcasting Craig....I wish you nothing but success (of course so you can't come back as an Oilers coach, lol).

Three cheers for CBC!!!!!! Hooray....Hooray....Hooray!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way the PP coach "quits" after being handed Souray, Pitkanen, and Penner to go with Hemmer/Stoll/Horc etc.

Anonymous said...

I had heard rumors about this two weeks ago on Tencer's show, I couldn't be happier, this year might shape up okay after all.

Marsha said...

Ever since Craig did some CBC work during these playoffs, I was hoping they would offer him a position. He's actually good as a colour man, just not as a powerplay coach! Let's all dance a jig of joy!

Red said...

Things are already starting to turn around for the Oilers. But I've asked this before... Which former Oiler are they going to hire next? How cool would that be if they hired Mess! But more than likely it will be someone along the lines of Klima or Steve Smith.

Shannon said...

Craig does do a nice job, but I'm afraid that Daryl is right - you don't just "quit" a gig like that.

I wish him well.

Who's next in line for PP coach?

Marsha said...

I would die a happy woman if the Moose came home. I don't care what job the team gives him, he'd kick ass doing it.

But yeah, we'll end up with Klima or Semenko!

Yeah how do you walk away when you finally get some pp players? But then again, the CBC is touting this as their move of the future. This is a more permanent job than the Oilers so if I were him, I'd take this too.

MacS said...

It's good news for the Oilers, but in regards to the implication he was fired, I think it's possible he identified a sinking ship and hopped on a life raft.

Marsha said...

I don't think he was fired. Let's see: life as a NHL coach or CBC commentator? Which has a longer life? Easy choice.

Red said...

Never mind the fact that CBC will likely pay for his hair gel...
"Craig Simpson's hair was brought to you,tonight, by Home Hardware"

Marsha said...

No more Don Cherry suits, it's all about the Simpson helmet hair!!

Unknown said...

And so ends Simpson's reign of terror. To steal from the South Smythian Rolo-Gator, his plans for a 5 on 3 were to "pass, pass, pass, pass again, maybe turn it over...".

An aside, Scarlett, could you please add my blog to your sidebar? I think you have the link, you've commented there, but if not it's atalkin.blogspot.com.